Michigan State University College of Law – East Lansing, Michigan
Juris Doctor, 4.0 GPA, summa cum laude – May 2015
- Jurisprudence Achievement Awards [Highest Grade] in Mortgages; Law & Interpretation; Federal Jurisdiction; Antitrust Law; Copyright Law; Constitutional Law II; Equity; Property; Contracts; and Research, Writing & Analysis
- Michigan State Law Review, Managing Editor
Central Michigan University – Mt. Pleasant, Michigan
Bachelor of Science, cum laude, Philosophy and Political Science – May 2011
State Bar of Michigan
United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT & AWARDS
- Volunteer Judge – 1L RWA Oral Arguments, Michigan State University College of Law (2016-present).
- Volunteer Judge – Moot Court Class Oral Advocacy Competition, Michigan State University College of Law (2015-present).
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society – Team Captain of Team Fraser for Walk MS Lansing (2013-Present).
- John W. Fraser, People v. Manuel, Ingham County Bar Association BRIEFS, May 2017, at 16.
- John W. Fraser, Ain’t Too Proud to Beg? Anti-Begging Laws’ First Amendment Problem, 26 Fla. J.L. & Pub. Pol’y (2015).
- John W. Fraser & Alexander Rusek, Holmes Youthful Trainee Act Amendments Expand Eligibility for Young Adults Charged with Criminal Offenses, Ingham County Bar Association BRIEFS, June 2015, at 23.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Ingham County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association – Eastern District of Michigan Chapter
John Fraser is an associate attorney with Grewal Law PLLC in Okemos, Michigan. His practice focuses on general litigation, criminal defense, medical marijuana law, and appellate law.
John is an experienced advocate for medical marijuana patients and caregivers. John also serves on the Council for the Marijuana Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan. He has successfully represented numerous medical marijuana patients and caregivers charged with serious crimes, including cases involving numerous felony charges. John’s knowledge of Michigan’s medical marijuana laws and his courtroom skills have allowed him to help influence the interpretation of the law in the Michigan Court of Appeals and secure favorable results for his clients, including dismissal of all charges.
John is committed to giving each client’s unique legal problem the attention and focus it deserves. This commitment stems from John’s understanding that each client’s legal matter is likely one of the most stressful and difficult situations in his or her life. John will give your legal matter the individualized attention it needs and will ensure that you have a complete understanding of the legal issues surrounding your situation together with a breakdown of all of your options.
John earned his bachelor of science, cum laude, from Central Michigan University with a double major in Philosophy and Political Science and a minor in English. John graduated from Michigan State University College of Law, summa cum laude, with a 4.0 GPA, ranked first in his class. During law school, John served as Managing Editor of the Michigan State Law Review and also served as a teaching assistant for Professors Bruce Ching and Philip Pucillo.
In his free time, John enjoys camping, traveling, and spending time with his wife, Cheri. He is a passionate Detroit, CMU, and MSU sports fan and freely admits to being a diehard Detroit Lions fan, despite their seemingly endless struggles. Following his mother’s diagnosis of multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s, John has organized a team to participate in the National Multiple Sclerosis Society’s yearly event, Walk MS Lansing, to raise money to support multiple sclerosis research.
Call John Today at 517-393-3000