In Michigan, snowmobiling is one of the top winter hobbies. Our state has over 6,000 miles of trails and (most years) abundant snow for riding and exploring. Every year, however, fun outings end in injuries or death when things go wrong.
Riders can stay safe by following some basic tips:
- Keep your snowmobile in top condition
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Leave enough space between you and the rider in front of you
- Avoid crossing bodies of water, and never ride in single file across water
- Stay off streets and highways
These are just a few of the basic guidelines for safely using a snowmobile. Experience, common sense, and knowing the rules and regulations of snowmobiling can go a long way in keeping you safe this winter.
For more information on how to stay safe, check out the Michigan Department of Natural Resources. If you’re injured in a snowmobiling accident, contact Grewal Law PLLC at (888) 211-5798.