Ayanna D. Neal joined Grewal Law PLLC as an attorney after dedicating fifteen years to representing the people of the state of Michigan in prosecution for Ingham County Prosecutor’s Office. Ayanna began practicing law two years prior to working as a prosecutor and handled child custody, contracts, and estate planning cases. Born and raised in Lansing, Michigan, Ayanna holds a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of Michigan and Juris Doctor with a concentration in Business Transactions from Thomas M. Cooley Law School.
During her work as an assistant prosecutor, she has worked in the family, district, and circuit courts. She has handled thousands of cases and has litigated numerous cases. She handled major drug crimes prosecution in the Ingham County Drug Addiction Response Unit and also handled civil forfeiture cases. She was a special prosecutor for arson cases and she also reviewed criminal sexual conduct cases as part of the Criminal Sexual Conduct Review Team. Ayanna has also served as a special prosecutor for felonious domestic violence crimes and child criminal sexual conduct cases.
Ayanna has received certificates in forensic interviewing of children, DNA analysis, investigation of criminal sexual conduct cases, arson investigation training, multiple narcotics trainings, and multiple other training certificates.
Ayanna has participated in various community programs speaking to youth about the importance of education. She has also mentored law students and new attorneys. She served on the Ingham County Equal Opportunity Committee to help ensure equal opportunity for all county employees and also served on the State Bar of Michigan’s Justice Initiatives, Equal Access Initiative for Diversity and Inclusion Committee to help ensure all groups of people have equal access to justice and the legal system. Ayanna has been a member of the American Inns of Court. She is also a member of the Ingham County Bar Association and the Women Lawyer’s Association of Michigan. Ayanna is passionate about education and the role it plays in lessening criminal activity.
Ayanna enjoys traveling, sports, working with the youth, fashion, helping people, and spending time with family.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Juris Doctor
- University Of Michigan, Bachelor of Arts
Organizations, Professional Associations And Memberships
- American Inns of Court
- Community Corrections Advisory Board
- Community Foundation – Grant Review Committee
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan
- EVE, Inc.
- Ingham County Bar Association
- Lansing Educational Advancement Foundation (LEAF)
- State Bar of Michigan – Criminal Law Section, Family Law Section, Probate and Estate Planning section and LGBTQA Section
- State of Michigan Board of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery, public member
- State Bar of Michigan
- United States District Court Western District of Michigan
- United States District Court Eastern District of Michigan