Manvir “Mick” Grewal, Sr. is the founding and managing partner of Grewal Law PLLC. He graduated from the University of Michigan with a Bachelor of Arts and Thomas M. Cooley Law School. He also holds a Master of Laws in Taxation from John Marshall Law School. Mick is licensed to practice in Michigan (1993), Illinois (1994), Washington, D.C. (1994), United States Tax Court (1994), United State Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit (2003), Federal District Court of Colorado (2018), United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana (2019) and Eastern and Western District of Michigan Federal Court.
Mick holds a certification in corporate taxation, taxation of small business, estate planning and administration and has his real estate broker’s license.
He began his career in 1993 and focused his practice on criminal and family law, civil litigation as well as estate work. In the last decade, he has immersed himself into learning new areas of the law including sexual assault, medical malpractice, personal injury, and medical marijuana.
Mick has grown his once solo practice into a knowledgeable and experienced powerhouse team of 14 attorneys who practice and litigate all areas of the law. Grewal Law has offices in Okemos, Grand Rapids and Northville, Michigan.
Recently, Mick and his team represented 111 of the 333 survivors in the lawsuit against Michigan State University involving the former MSU doctor Larry Nassar. This is the largest settlement against a university for a personal injury claim involving sexual abuse. Mick and his team are continuing their battle for justice and change representing 139 of the 543 survivors against USA Gymnastics and the United States Olympic Committee.
Mick and his colleagues are working relentlessly to bring justice to those affected by Monsanto Round-Up, clergy abuse and sexual assault cases from across the country including Michigan, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and California.
He is passionate about helping people, giving a voice to those who feel like they don’t or can’t have one. Through his work in the legal field and in his community, he is paving the path for a brighter, safer tomorrow. As a volunteer, Mick is involved with the Ingham County/City of Lansing Community Corrections Advisory Board, Small Talk (Board Member), LEAP (Board Member), Wayne County SAFE (Advisory Board), Global Sports Development (Advisory Board) and the Michigan Human Trafficking Task Force
Throughout his 27-year career, he has become affiliated with the Ingham County Bar Association, Eaton County Bar Association, Clinton County Bar Association, Oakland County Bar Association, Grand Rapids Bar Association, Michigan Association of Justice, and InjuryBoard.com. He belongs to a plethora of sections with the State Bar of Michigan as well. He has earned, through his hard work and dedication to the legal field, many accolades including Michigan Super Lawyers, Top Attorneys of Michigan, Top Attorneys of North America and is a Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished Member.
In his spare time, Mick enjoys spending time with his family, watching his children play sports, rooting for his Wolverines and traveling. He participates in many fundraising, non-profit and charitable events. In 2015, he founded and funds the “Heart of a Mom” and “Never Back Down” Honorariums for Okemos High School seniors.
Some areas of practice include:
- Criminal Defense — We use our extensive experience in defending criminal charges to help ensure a positive result.
- Divorce & Family Law — Issues regarding family law are complicated and are often emotional for someone to face. At Grewal Law PLLC, our family attorneys bring over a decade of experience in family law to our client’s cases.
- Drug Charges — Michigan imposes harsh penalties for drug possession and other drug offenses. These harsh penalties even apply to prescription drugs. Our attorneys offer a strong response in these cases.
- Estate Planning — At Grewal Law PLLC, we are equipped to help clients plan for the future of their estate or to assist them in dealing with the estate of a loved one who recently passed away.
- Personal Injury — Grewal Law PLLC acquired Church Wyble, a Michigan personal injury firm, that has been protecting the rights of injured people in Michigan for the last 60 years.
- Campus Sexual Assault — We have a proven track record of successfully litigating similar cases through the area. Grewal Law is currently helping victims/survivors affected by the Larry Nassar Sexual Abuse case at MSU.
- L.L.M., tax, with honors, John Marshall Law School, 1995
- J.D., Thomas M. Cooley Law School, 1993
- Law Review
- Scholastic Review Board
- Finalist for the National Moot Court Trial Team
- Jurisprudence Award
- B.A., University of Michigan, 1990
- Triangle Fraternity and Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- Ingham County Bar Association
- Eaton County Bar Association
- Clinton County Bar Association, Past member for 5 years
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- LEAP – Board of Directors
- State Bar of Michigan Section Member
- Business Law
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Marijuana Law
- Negligence Law
- Probate & Estate Planning
- Michigan Human Trafficking Task Force
- Michigan Association for Justice (MAJ) Sexual Assault Litigation - Committee Member
- Ingham County/City of Lansing Community Corrections Advisory Board
- Small Talk Children’s Assessment Center – Board of Directors
- Sobriety Court 54-A District Court 2015-2017
- Corporate taxation
- Taxation of small businesses
- Estate planning and administration
- Real estate broker’s license, 2000
- State of Michigan licensed loan officer
- Michigan, 1993
- Illinois, 1994
- Washington, D.C., 1994
- Federal District Court of Colorado, 2018
- Eastern and Western District Of Michigan Federal Court