Mick resides in Williamston, Michigan with his wife and children. He is a graduate of the Williamston public school system and the University of Michigan with a Bachelor of Arts degree. After receiving his Juris Doctor from Thomas M. Cooley Law School, he continued his education by pursuing a Master of Laws in Taxation at what is now known as the University of Chicago Law School.
Mick began his small solo practice in 1993 working on court-appointed cases, family law, and criminal defense. In 2016, he acquired Church Wyble PC, expanding his clientele to include plaintiff representation in cases involving mass torts, personal injuries, medical malpractice, and sexual assault. Mick's powerhouse team operates out of three offices in Northville, Grand Rapids, and Okemos and has more than 100 years of combined experience.
Mick’s career trajectory changed in 2016 after he spoke to the first Dr. Larry Nassar sexual abuse survivor. At that point, he knew his calling was to fight for justice and help survivors move on to a path of healing. In this case, his team represented 111 of the 333 survivors and was part of a monumental $500 million-dollar global settlement. In addition, he pursued legal action against USAG on behalf of the survivors, and he is currently collaborating with a team of attorneys to hold the FBI accountable for its improper handling of the Larry Nassar case.
Furthermore, Mick is co-lead counsel in the sexual abuse case against the disgraced former University of Michigan physician Robert Anderson. Through his leadership and knowledge, Mick and the Plaintiffs’ co-counsel represented over 250 survivors to secure a $490 million-dollar settlement for the Anderson survivors.
Present day, Mick is an advocate for all survivors. He helps them find their voice and gives them a platform to speak their truth. He is fierce, aggressive, and relentless in this fight for justice.
Mick has always placed a high value on community service. He gives generously to several causes, including the Small Talk Children's Advocacy Center Auction for Advocacy and the Furball presented by the Greater Lansing Area Humane Society. Mick also established Honoraria for graduating seniors interested in pursuing careers in law and medicine. He is a devoted supporter of his neighborhood schools. In addition, he is a volunteer member of LEAP, Avalon Healing Center, Global Sports Development, Michigan Human Trafficking Task Force, Greater Lansing CARE, and Michigan Association for Justice (MAJ) Sexual Assault Litigation. Mick donates his time and knowledge to several other organizations in his spare time.
Mick has achieved significant milestones throughout his career, including being named to Super Lawyers, being listed among the top 1% of lawyers in the nation by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, and being awarded the Martindale Hubbell Distinguished Very High Rating in Legal Ability and Ethical Standards. As one of the top law firms in Michigan, Grewal Law PLLC received a First Tier Rating from US News and World Report.
Along with his legal and volunteer work, Mick also co-owns Café Mithai and Chai with his wife, Rebecca, and is involved in real estate development and film production projects. He enjoys playing golf, fishing, traveling, and spending time with his family.
Some areas of practice include:
- Criminal Defense — We use our extensive experience in defending criminal charges to help ensure a positive result.
- Divorce & Family Law — Issues regarding family law are complicated and are often emotional for someone to face. At Grewal Law PLLC, our family attorneys bring over a decade of experience in family law to our client’s cases.
- Drug Charges — Michigan imposes harsh penalties for drug possession and other drug offenses. These harsh penalties even apply to prescription drugs. Our attorneys offer a strong response in these cases.
- Estate Planning — At Grewal Law PLLC, we are equipped to help clients plan for the future of their estate or to assist them in dealing with the estate of a loved one who recently passed away.
- Personal Injury — Grewal Law PLLC acquired Church Wyble, a Michigan personal injury firm, that has been protecting the rights of injured people in Michigan for the last 60 years.
- Campus Sexual Assault — We have a proven track record of successfully litigating similar cases through the area. Grewal Law is currently helping victims/survivors affected by the Larry Nassar Sexual Abuse case at MSU.
- L.L.M., tax, with honors, John Marshall Law School, 1995
- J.D., Thomas M. Cooley Law School, 1993
- Law Review
- Scholastic Review Board
- Finalist for the National Moot Court Trial Team
- Jurisprudence Award
- B.A., University of Michigan, 1990
- Triangle Fraternity and Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- Avalon Healing Center
- Ingham County Bar Association
- Eaton County Bar Association
- Clinton County Bar Association, Past member for 5 years
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Greater Lansing CARE
- LEAP – Board of Directors
- State Bar of Michigan Section Member
- Business Law
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Marijuana Law
- Negligence Law
- Probate & Estate Planning
- Michigan Human Trafficking Task Force
- Michigan Association for Justice (MAJ) Sexual Assault Litigation - Committee Member
- Ingham County/City of Lansing Community Corrections Advisory Board
- Small Talk Children’s Assessment Center – Board of Directors
- Sobriety Court 54-A District Court 2015-2017
- Corporate taxation
- Taxation of small businesses
- Estate planning and administration
- Real estate broker’s license, 2000
- State of Michigan licensed loan officer
- Michigan, 1993
- Illinois, 1994
- Washington, D.C., 1994
- Federal District Court of Colorado, 2018
- Eastern and Western District Of Michigan Federal Court