Nolan L. Erickson was born in 1980 in East Grand Rapids, Michigan. He graduated from East Grand Rapids High School in 1998 and went on to Michigan State University for his undergraduate degree, graduating May 2002 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in History with cognates in Anthropology and Political Science. While a student at MSU, he helped reestablish the dormant MSU Pre-Law Society and served as its vice president.
He began law school at Michigan State University College of Law part-time in August of 2005 with the help of a generous Merit Scholarship. He was active in student activities, in particular with the American Constitution Society. Mr. Erickson served as Treasurer and Chairperson of the student chapter of ACS and took an active role in the Student Speaker Series and Moot Court Competitions. In 2007, his chapter was recognized by the national organization at its annual convention in Washington DC. He was also a regular contributor to Res Ipsa Loquitur, the monthly newspaper of the College of Law. In addition to these school-related undertakings, he was employed throughout his law school career and began working at ChurchWyble, P.C., now Grewal Law PLLC, in December of 2007 as a law clerk.
He graduated summa cum laude from the MSU College of Law in December 2008. As an attorney with Grewal Law PLLC, he has developed extensive experience with all phases of trial and pre-trial resolution of personal injury matters, including major auto accidents, medical malpractice, and other serious injury cases. As a supervising attorney, he oversees multiple practice areas while maintaining direct involvement in clients’ cases. He is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Michigan Association for Justice and the Ingham County Bar Association, where he serves on the awards committee.
Mr. Erickson married his wife Sarah in 2003. They are the proud parents of two children and reside in DeWitt. The Ericksons enjoy camping, traveling, and rooting for the Spartans.
- Michigan State University College of Law – East Lansing, Michigan
- Juris Doctor, summa cum laude – December 2008
- Res Ipsa Loquitur, contributor
- EMT-Basic, Great Lakes Emergency Medical Service Academy, 2003 (not currently licensed)
- Michigan State University – East Lansing, Michigan
- Bachelor of Arts, History with cognates in Political Science and Anthropology, 2002
- National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys (NAOPIA) Top 40 Under 40, 2020
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars 2019-2020
Professional Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan
- Ingham County Bar Association
- American Associations for Justice
- Michigan Association for Justice
- Clinton County Bar Association
- Eaton County Bar Association
- Cristo Rey Community Center - Board of Directors