Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Michigan
Motorcycle Injury & Fatality Statistics
Motorcycle accidents can result in particularly nasty injuries. In 2008, motorcyclist deaths reached an all-time high, more than doubling between 1999 and 2008.
A recent CDC study about motorcycle accidents found that:
- Between 2001 and 2008, more than 34,000 motorcyclists were killed and an estimated 1,222,000 persons were treated in a U.S. emergency department (ED) for a non-fatal motorcycle-related injury
- The highest death and injury rates were among 20-24 year-olds, followed by 25-29 year-olds
- More than half of all nonfatal injuries treated in EDs were to the leg/foot (30%) or head/neck (22%)
- Motorcyclist death rates increased 55% from 2001 to 2008 (1.12 per 100,000 persons in 2001 to 1.74 per 100,000 persons in 2008
If you or a loved one were involved in a motorcycle accident and you believe another person, company, or entity is at fault, contact Grewal Law PLLC. Our Michigan motorcycle accident lawyers have over 100 years of combined experience; we can help you navigate the legal process and fight for the full, fair compensation you are owed.
Give us a call at (888) 211-5798 or fill out and submit an online contact form to request a free consultation. We serve clients throughout the state of Michigan.
How Motorcyclists Can Protect Themselves
Motorcycle accidents are the leading cause of death for people between the ages of 16 and 33 in the United States, and motorcycle accidents account for approximately 3,000 deaths each year. Many others are seriously injured and undergo major life changes and disabilities due to motorcycle accidents. Injuries from motorcycle accidents are not the same as those in an enclosed passenger car with seat belts and airbags. Even pads and helmets do little to protect the motorcycle riders in a crash. This can leave the rider with a ruptured disc, a serious brain injury, or even result in wrongful death.
Here are a few motorcycle safety tips bikers can follow to help protect themselves on the road:
- Wear a helmet to reduce the risk of death by almost 40% and the risk of injury by over 70%.
- Never drive a motorcycle after you have been drinking.
- Don’t let friends and family drive after they have been drinking.
- Wear protective clothing, which can help provide protection from potential injury.
- Maintain a safe driving speed, especially on gravel or slippery surfaces.
Unfortunately, many motorcycle accidents occur due to no fault of the biker. Even when motorcyclists take proper safety precautions, they may be hit by a distracted or drunk driver, sideswiped by a motorist illegally changing lanes, or injured by a car or truck driver that is acting carelessly, recklessly, or negligently in some way.
Discuss your case with one of our motorcycle accident attorneys; call (888) 211-5798 for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Sexual Abuse $500 Million
We represented 111 of the 333 survivors in the lawsuits against Michigan State University for sexual abuse involving the former MSU doctor, Larry Nassar.
Medical Malpractice $7.5 Million
An 8-year-old child experienced a blockage of her airway following a surgical procedure at a healthcare facility in Michigan.
Confidential Settlement $7.5 Million
Confidential medical malpractice settlement.
Birth Injury Over $6 Million
Traumatic birth delivery case causing hypoxic brain injury and cerebral palsy.
Birth Injury $4.8 Million
Settlement for a baby who suffered complications from a lack of oxygen from a delayed C-section at the time of birth.
Medical Malpractice Over $4 Million
A surgeon admitted that he was negligent during a surgery that resulted in organ failure, requiring expensive and lifelong treatment unless the patient receives a successful organ transplant.
Medical Malpractice $2.6 Million
A 19-year-old man sustained permanent paralysis from the chest down as the result of medical negligence during back surgery.
Medical Malpractice $2.4 Million
A 52-year-old man was admitted to hospital with chest pains. Thereafter, he was sent home without proper treatment and died within hours of a massive heart attack.
Birth Injury $2.3 Million
Failure to properly deliver a newborn baby resulting in the child developing Cerebral Palsy & lifelong disability.
Birth Injury Over $2 Million
Medical malpractice case arising from a traumatic birth delivery causing brain damage and cerebral palsy.