Since 1997, Scott Weidenfeller has focused on helping the most seriously and permanently injured clients. Medical costs necessitated by negligent healthcare can be overwhelming for many families. Unfortunately, governmental programs and even many private healthcare companies do not provide adequate coverage for these necessities. Scott is an effective, knowledgeable and persistent advocate for his clients who find themselves in this unfortunate position.
Scott has tried cases in three different States and has personally recovered millions in compensation for his clients. His recent settlements include $7.5, $4.8 and $1.5 million dollars. Some of his most recent jury verdicts include a $1.215 million-dollar jury verdict in Macomb County; a $988,000 dollar jury verdict in Oakland County; a $1.17 million dollar jury verdict in Emmet County; and a $234,000 dollar jury verdict in Alpena County. He has been featured on the cover of Michigan Lawyer’s Weekly and has spoken to many and varied professional groups about trial practice and communication.
Scott also serves as a case evaluator and an arbitrator in negligence claims. He is an Executive Board Member of the Michigan Association for Justice and has received Certificates of Appreciation for Federal Pro Bono work. Scott resides in Northville with his wife Lisa and his son Grey. He is a member of Gideon’s International and enjoys traveling, hiking and spending time with his wife and 3 children.
Published Works, Articles & Op-Ed
- Publication: Effective Cross Examination of the Medical Expert – A Lawyer’s Worksheet (2008)
To learn more about Attorney Weidenfeller’s practice, call (888) 211-5798 to schedule an initial case consultation.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, JD
- Moot Court Board Member
- Michigan State University, BA
- Super Lawyers® 2011 - Present
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars? 2010
- Largest reported malpractice settlement in 2006 (Michigan Lawyer’s Weekly)
Organizations, Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan – Negligence Section
- Michigan Association for Justice, Sustaining Member
- Michigan Association for Justice, Executive Board
- American Association for Justice – Litigation Section
- State of Michigan Courts
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Michigan
Professional Lectures/Classes/Seminars Taught
- Communication of Technical Concepts: Lecture; University of Michigan, Doctoral Students in the Engineering Department, July 2010
- Effective Discovery in Negligence Cases for New Lawyers, Michigan Association for Justice, Seminar, January 29, 2008
- Discovery in Negligence Cases, Michigan Association for Justice, Seminar, May 9, 2008
- Cross Examination of the Medical Expert – A Lawyer’s Worksheet, May 9, 2008
I would take any future legal issues to them without hesitation.
The team he works with at Grewal are also people of integrity, with a diverse array of special qualifications for really any legal need.
The service from this company is fantastic. It is a team that will represent you well.
Superbly organized and always cordial, the assistants at the firm made the process go as smoothly as one could possibly expect.
It was reassuring to know that the firm took my family’s predicament seriously and made every effort to resolve what could have been a long ordeal.
Aaron & Virgie M.
We always felt everything we shared was taken seriously and that what we had to say was of utmost importance.
Michael & Jessica